Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The last Airbender: The Movie

Yesterday, I went to see the movie: The last Airbender . I loved the anime, it was a great show, but the movie is really so-so. If you watched the show and liked it you will be probably as disappointed as I was. it quickly jumps from a scene to another without real connection, actors are - excuse me - bad except for Hiro (Shaun Toub) and Zuko (Dev Patel) and also maybe Aang (Noah Ringer) as the kid playing him is not an actor to start with, but a martial arts kiddo, so knowing that he actually performed very well. The actress playing Katara (Nicola Peltz) is the worst. Imho, the casting choice wasn't the best and they lost the spirit of the original show, it's just a special effects movie, so if you like good special effects, you will be happy, but as a fan of the animated show, you will be disappointed for sure.

Deep in my heart I knew this movie would be a fail, but I wanted to see it anyway, I know I just threw 10$, but well... *rolleyes*

To make it worst it was only available in 3D, which didn't add anything to the movie except annoying me as I need to wear glasses already so adding 3D glasses is just annoying for me. :x

There were some good points, Special effects are really amazing, Appa and Momo are really well done (we don't see them a lot -which is sad as they are in some way important second role characters in the anime show), some sceneries are really beautiful and combats are not bad. The story line is also close to the show, so it's a good point, at least for me as I hate when people adapt an already existing show and can't refrain from adding their own stuff generally it's just bad and add nothing to the story.

For more information about the movie you can check this wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Airbender

Last trailer:


You can also check the anime show on animecrazy.net: http://www.animecrazy.net/avatar-the-last-airbender-anime/

No comments:

Post a Comment